Sparta-Mystras-OlympiaDuration: 2 days
ABOUT THIS TOUR
A tour to explore the mythical Peloponnese. Travel to south Greece to discover the land of heroes, Sparta and visit the “wonder of the Morea”, Mystras. Don’t miss the chance to visit the birthplace of Olympic Games, Olympia.
- The city of Sparta
- Museum of Olive
- The breathtaking city of Mystras
- The Byzantine Castle with its renowned Byzantine churches
- Archaeological Site of Olympia
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your driver will meet you at your accommodation. You will be driven to Peloponnese and you will have the chance to enjoy the scenery. We will do our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal.
After our 10minute stop for some pictures and a break for coffee we will continue our ride through the winding country local roads.
Then, we will start our ride for Mystras. Explore this byzantine town with its castle, which has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Monument and the churches and learn everything about its history.
Next, you will have the chance to visit Sparta, one of the most significant cities of the Antiquity. You will have the choice to visit the Museum of Olive and learn the history of the Olive Cultivation. When you are in Sparta, you must visit the Tomb of the great King Leonidas. King Leonidas, was a great warrior and is famous for his spunk.
You will take a break for lunck in a traditional tavern and then we will continue to Olympia.
Overnight in Olympia.
In the morning we can start our exploration to Olympia. The beauty of this place is unbeatable. Ancient Olympia was the most important sanctuary in the ancient times. Also, Olympia is the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Olympic Games started in 776B.C in honor of God Zeus.
We will visit the Archaeological Museum of Olympia, where you can see the famous statue of Hermes among the other exhibits and after this we will visit he Archaeological Site of Olympia.
Before we will depart for Athens, you can have a lunch.
Your driver will be waiting for you to drive you back to Athens.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
For updates on opening hours please click here