Sparta & Mystras Day TripDuration: 12 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This special tour begins with a relaxing and comfortable drive through the scenic countryside of Peloponnese. The route we follow allows us to gaze at the diversity of Greece’s natural beauty and leads us to Sparta, the land where the Great warriors were born. After Sparta discover the intriguing history of Mystras, a breathtaking medieval town and let yourself enjoy delving into the region’s beauty of history.
- Coastal view of the Saronic and the Corinthian Gulf
- View of the island of Salamis
- The city of Sparta
- Museum of Olive
- Tomb of the great King Leonidas
- The breathtaking city of Mystras
- The Byzantine Castle with its renowned Byzantine churches
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
our driver will meet you at your accommodation. You will be driven to Peloponnese and you will have the chance to enjoy the scenery. We will do our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal. After our 30minute stop for some pictures and a break for coffee we will continue our ride through the winding country local roads.
Then, we will start our ride for Sparta.
After, 2 hours we will reach Sparta, one of the most significant cities of the Antiquity. Explore the great of this city. You will have the choice to visit the Museum of Olive and learn the history of the Olive Cultivation. When you are in Sparta, you must visit the Tomb of the great King Leonidas. King Leonidas, was a great warrior and is famous for his spunk.
After your visit to Sparta, your driver will take you after an easy ride to Mystras, to discover the intriguing history of this breathtaking ancient town. Mystras, that was once the most important town of the Peloponnese, stands abandoned since 1832 when its inhabitants left to reside in the modern city of Sparta leaving behind the byzantine ruins.
Next, you will have the chance to visit an amazing ancient town, Mystras. Explore this byzantine town with its castle, which has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Monument and the churches and learn everything about its history.
After this, you will have a traditional lunch to taste the greek cuisine.
Your driver will take you back to Athens.
Entrance fees into Mystra area & Sparta Museum are 5 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office)
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
- University students and Students of Higher Education Institutes
- Technological Educational Institutes
- Military Schools or equivalent Schools of member states of the European Union
- Schools of Guides, upon presentation of their student identity card
- Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age
Free admission for all on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Mystra:
- Winter period: Monday – Sunday: 08:00-15:00
- Summer period: Monday to Sunday: 08:00- 20:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs