Shore Excursion in NafplioDuration: 8 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Nafplio is a seaport town in the Peloponnese, so, if you disembark in Nafplio Port, this tour is perfect for you. Discover the beauty of the first greek capital and explore its traditional architectural style with many colourful buildings and houses, influenced by the Venetians. Enjoy the amazing view of Palamidi and visit Acronafplia, the oldest part of the city.
During this tour, you will also have the chance to learn all the history of the mythical Mycanae and see the renowned theater of Epidavros.
- Mycenae Archaeological Site
- Lions Gate
- Cyclopean Walls
- Mycenae Archaelogical Museum
- Treasury of Atreas
- Epidaurus Archaeological Site
- Epidaurus Museum
- Theater of Epidaurus
- Castle of Palamidi
- Castle of Acronafplia
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your tours starts from Nafplio’s port. We will take a ride through the greek countryside and you will enjoy the natural beauty of the region.
Our first stop is the home of King Agamemnon, Mycanae. As you enter the citadel you will come across the imposing Lions Gate and enjoy the Cyclopean Walls. You will have the chance to admire one of the oldest surviving monumental piece of Art Sculpture of the western civilization.
After this, you will visit the Archaeological Museum of Mycenae that includes exhibits found in the archaeological excavation giving you a visual and authentic perspective of the small everyday life objects, the religions utensils, burial offerings, burial jewelry and other decorative objects. Last but not least, you will visit a monument with great importance, the the tomb of King Agamemnon or also known as the Treasury of Atreas.
We continue our journey for 40 minute until we will reach the Archaeological Site of Epidaurus. You can enjoy all the ride thanks to majestic planted scenery of Argos with the oranges and citrus trees.
Finally, you will arrive at the Archaeological Site of Epidaurus, the birthplace of God Asclepios, and you will have the opportunity to visit the famous Theater of Epidaurus.
Our last stop is Nafplion. Nafplion with the extraordinary beauty was designated as the first capital of modern Greece after the War of Independence. You will have time to explore the city and see all the major landmarks. Your driver will tell you the most interesting stories about the Castle of Palamidi and the castle of Acronafplia.
After this unique experience, your chauffer will take you back to Nafplion and escort you to your cruise ship.
Entrance fees into the archaeological area of Mycenae, Museum and Treasury of Atreus are 12 Euro pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office)
Entrance fees into the archaeological area of Epidaurus Theater are 12 Euro pp.
Entrance fees into Palamidi fortress are 4 Euro pp.
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer Period: 1 April – 31 October
- Winter Period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Palamidi Fortress:
- Winter Period:
- Summer Period:
April 2016: 08.00-19.00
May until october 31st 2016: 08:00-20:00
Good Friday, April 10th: 12.00-17.00
Holy Saturday, April 11th: 08.00-15.00
Sunday, 5th of July 2015: 09.00-16.00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Mycenae:
- Winter period: 08:00am-15:00
- Summer period: 08:00-20:00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Epidaurus:
- Winter period: 08:00-15:00
- Summer period: 08:00-20:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.