Olympia & Delphi TourDuration: 2 days
Olympia & Delphi TourDuration: 2 days
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Discover the history of Olympia, the birthplace of Olympic Games and travel back in time. Visit the oracle of Delphi, the navel of the world and enjoy our relaxing and comfortable drive.
- View of the Saronic and Corinthian coastline
- View of the Salamis Island
- Corinth Canal
- Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Temple of Zeus
- Temple of Hera
- The Stadium
- Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- Famous statue of Hermes of Praxiteles
- Town of Nafpaktos
- Archaeological Site of Delphi
- Archaeological Museum of Delphi
- Athena Pronaia Sanctuary with the renowned Tholos
- The Castalia Spring
- The Temple of Apollo
- The Great ancient theater
- The stadium, where the so called Pythian Games
- The treasuries that the city states erected in Delphi
- The famous statue of Antinoos
- The unique bronze statue of the Charioteer
- Traditional Village of Arachona
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your driver will meet you at your accommodation. You will be driven to Peloponnese and you will have the chance to enjoy the scenery. We will do our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal.
Then, we will make our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal. After our 30minute stop for some pictures and a break for coffee we will continue our ride through the winding country local roads.
Then, it’s time to explore Olympia.
After 3,5 hours we will arrive at our destination. Before anything, you will have a traditional lunch at Olympia.
You can visit the Archaeological Site of Olympia and its Museum together or you can divid your visit.
The beauty of this place is unbeatable. Ancient Olympia was the most important sanctuary in the ancient times. Also, Olympia is the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Olympic Games started in 776B.C in honor of God Zeus. There, you can enjoy the ruins of the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera and the Stadium with its spectacular capacity of 45000 people. We will visit the Archaeological Museum of Olympia, where you can see the famous statue of Hermes among the other exhibits.
Overnight in Olympia.
We will start early in the morning to reach the navel of the world, Delphi. During the ride, we will have a stop at the beautiful city of Nafpaktos. Before we arrive, you will have a lunch.
Delphi was the most important sanctuary dedicated to God Apollo. There, Pythia, the priestess of the Sanctuary, gave her advice. Due to this, Delphi was a cultural center, where many people sended donations resulted in the creation of a local treasury.
Explore around end see the Temple of Apollo, the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia with the renowned Tholos, the Castalia Spring, the Temple of Apollo, the Great ancient theater and the stadium, where the so called Pythian Games.
It has many interesting to visit the archaeological museum of Delphi. You will have the chance to admire the famous statue of Antinoos and the unique bronze statue of the Charioteer dated from 475 B.C.
After your visit to Delphi, you will have the chance to enjoy a stroll in one of the most picturesque villages in Greece, Arachova.
Then, your driver will take you back to Athens.
Entrance fees into Olympia area & Museum are 12 Euro pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office).
Entrance fees into the archaeological areas of Delphi and its Museum are 12 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office).
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer Period: 1 April – 31 October
- Winter Period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Corinth:
- Winter period:
- Summer period:
From 3/4 to 30/4, 08:00am-19:00
From 2/5 to 30/9, 08:00am-20:00
From 1/10/ to 15/10, 08:00am-19:00
From 16/10 to 31/10, 08:00am-18:00
Οpening hours for the archaeological area of Delphi:
- Winter period: 8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs