Kids’Friendly TourDuration: 5 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
If you have children with you, the choice of a tour might be difficult. Children have many demands and we will try to satisfy them. This tour is espesially designed for our little friends. Enjoy a tour in Athens with guides, who have the experience to work with childern and visit all the must-see sides of the city.
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Presidential Palace
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- Lycabetus Hill
- Trilogy of Culture (Academy, University, Library of Athens)
- New Acropolis Museum
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
We will start our tour by visiting the Acropolis Hill early in the morning, in order to avoid the crowd. We will visit the masterpiece of classical architecture, the Parthenon. The Parthenon was dedicated to the Goddess Athena. You with the little explorers will have the chance to learn all the history of the temple and the gods in the most enjoyable way.
After our visit to the Acropolis, you will discover the rest of the city by a relaxing ride. You will see the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch and our next stop is the Old Olympic Stadium.
The favorite part of the tour for your children will be the changing of the guards in front of the Presidential Palace, tireless on their duty. You can also take some pictures with Evzones. During this tour, you will also see the House to the Parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
In the last part of our tour you will explore the new Acropolis Museum. Learn with your childern everything about the glorious past of Athens.
After this experience, we may take a break for coffee or gelato and then your chauffer will drive you back to your accommodation.
Entrance fees to the Acropolis are 20 Euro total pp
For the Acropolis Museum is 5 Euro pp.
Free admission for:
- Journalists Persons under 12 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (regardless age) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
Opening hours for the archeological sites of Athens including Acropolis:
- Winter period:8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
Opening hours for New Acropolis Museum:
- Winter period:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Last admission: 4:30 p.m.)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
- Summer period:
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Last admission: 3:30 p.m.)
Tuesday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.