Half Day Olive Grove TourDuration:
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Athens Limo gives you the opportunity to meet the nature and be shown around beautiful olive grove by a trained educator. The Farm is located in Vari area. Discovering the secrets of Olive oil!
- Greek farm tour
- Olive grove tour
- Sampling of local olives, bread
- Lunch greek food
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
During your olive oil tour, you will learn to recognize good olive oil by its freshness and flavour, discover the ancient art of olive oil making and find out what makes good olive oil so special. During your walk around the olive grove, you learn about olive trees and it’s importance in Greek culture. Your educator will give you some hints for the recognition of a high quality extra virgin olive oil.
Taste local olives on bread and enjoy a delicious greek lunch.
Your native greek olive oil expert will guide your olive tour in English.
OPENING HOURS FEES
Open all days
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour. Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.