Half Day Athens TourDuration: 5 hours
Half Day Athens TourDuration: 5 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
If you have some ours to spend in Athens, this tour gives you the opportunity to expolre all the major sides of the city. Visit the masterpiece of classical architecture, the Parthenon, enjoy the view from the Lycabettus hill and have a traditional lunch.
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Lycabetus Hill
- Presidential Palace
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Trilogy of Culture (Academy, University, Library of Athens)
- New Acropolis Museum or Ancient Greek Agora
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
We will start our tour by visiting the Acropolis Hill early in the morning, in order to avoid the crowd. Discover all the sights starting with the magnificent gate of Propylaea, the Temple of the wingless Nike, the Erectheion with the imperious maidens Karyatides, and of course the masterpiece of Classical architecture, the Parthenon. Climbing on the rock of Acropolis you will enjoy an amazing view. Enjoy the theater of Dionysus, the Odeum of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Greek Agora, the modern city of Athens and even the port of Piraeus.
After our visit to the Acropolis, you will discover the rest of the city by a relaxing ride. You will see the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch and our next stop is the Old Olympic Stadium.
Your driver will lead you to the most beautiful balcony of Athens on Lycabettus Hill where you can capture amazing pictures. Then, you will have the chance to witness the intricate changing ritual of the guards in front of Athens’ Presidential Palace and see some neoclassical buildings of 19th century such as the Trilogy of Culture, the masons on Queen Sophia’s Av. and the House of the Parliament on Constitution Sq. (Syntagma Square) where the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier exists.
The last hour of your tour is free to adapt to your schedule. You can choose one of the following options:
- Visit the New Acropolis Museum one og the best museums of the World.
- Enjoy the ancient Agora by a walk through the beautiful neighborhood of Thiseio.
After this experience, your chauffer will drive you back to your cruise ship.
Entrance fees, to the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, and Ancient Agora, are 30 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office of any site) and 20 Euro for just the Acropolis.
Entrance fee to the Acropolis Museum is 10 Euro pp. Free admission for: Journalists Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age) University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (regardless age) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
For the Acropolis
- Winter period: 8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
For Acropolis Museum:
- Winter period:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Last admission: 4:30 p.m.)
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
- Summer period:
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Last admission: 3:30 p.m.)
Tuesday to Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January
- 6 January
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December
- 26 December
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour. Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.