Half Day Ancient CorinthDuration: 8 hours
Half Day Ancient CorinthDuration: 8 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Ancient Corinth was one of the major cities of antiquity. Visit the mythical land where Bellerophon heroe and Pegasus lived. Explore this city and learn its history with us.
- Corinth Canal
- Temple of Apollo
- Ancient Corinth Agora
- Saint Paul’s Step
- Ancient Corinth Archaeological Site
- Ancient Corinth Museum
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Our driver will meet you at your accommodation. Our tour will begin with a relaxing ride. During the route you will have the chance to enjoy the magnificent Greek coastal scenery.
Before our first stop at the Corinth Canal, you will hear the intriguing stories hidden behind the war of Salamis between the Greek and the Persian fleet, the war that determined the route of the western civilization. Legends and reality merge and help us narrate the lives of the Greek heroes that became famous worldwide for their strategic skills, ingenious ways and courageous character.
Then, we will make our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal. After our 30minute stop for some pictures and a break for coffee we will continue our ridethrough the winding country local roads.
After 20 minutes, we will arrive at the Ancient Corinth. Ancient Corinth was a powerful and strategic center where numerous historic, cultural and religious events have taken place.
You will admire the doric Temple of Apollo with its monolithic columns that is one of the oldest temples in Greece dating back to the 6th century B.C. For the Christians, Corinth is also a place of great importance since St. Paul gave his Speech in the center of the Ancient Agora on the renowned Bema.
During our tour you will also find the spring of Glauke, the fountain of Pinene and discover the myths hidden behind their waters, the market place, the theater, the Odeon and several other Roman buildings while at the same time gaining an in depth understanding of the city’s prominence.
The Archaeological Museum is of great interest since it is a great introductory to the famous Corinthian pottery and Mosaic Art, including also a timeline exhibition of artefacts that were found during the archaeological excavations that started on the spot with the contribution of the American School of Classical Studies in 1896.
Before we depart for the port of Piraeus, if we have time, we will take a break for lunch in the village of Ancient Corinth.
Entrance Fees to Ancient Corinth is 6 Euros
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer period 1 April – 31 October
- Winter period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archeological sites of Athens including Acropolis:
- Winter period:8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Corinth:
- Winter period:8:00am-15:00
- Summer period:
From 3/4 to 30/4 08:00am-19:00From 2/5 to 30/9 08:00am-20:00
From 1/10/ to 15/10, 08:00am-19:00
From 16/10 to 31/10, 08:00am-18:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.