Eleusis Half Day TourDuration: 5 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Explore Eleusis the site of the Eleusinian Mysteries and the birthplace of Aeschylus. Eleusis was one of the most important cities of the Ancient Greece and continued to be regarded as the most sacred of all the Grecian mysteries.
- The remaining ancient trails of the Sacred Way
- Archaeological Site of Eleusis
- Archaeological Museum of Eleusis
- Drive through the modern city of Eleusis
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
You will meet youe driver at your hotel.
During our tour in Elefsina you will walk along the remaining ancient trails of the Sacred Way, hear the intriguing story hidden behind this place. There is a greek myth that narrates the establishment of the Elefsinian Mysteries and the abduction of the daughter of Goddess Demeter, Persephone by god Hades.
The Eleusinian Mysteries also known as the Mysteries of Demeter and her daughter Persephone, they are a series of religious events that originated from the inner need of people to approach and familiarize with the afterlife and furthermore explore their inner hope of an actual life after death. You will discover all the details and feel the sacred energy of this place.
After this, we will visit the Archaeological Site and the Museum to view a series of interesting exhibits. Many of the findings are associated with the ceremonies of the Elefsinian mysteries. One can find there vessels and valuable objects of immense artistic value that ancient Greek people brought to the Goddess as a gift.
Furthermore, you will have the chance to explore this beautiful city from the ancient times to our days. Today, Eleusis is a major industrial centre concentrating almost 48% of Greece’s industrial activity.
At the end of this tour, your chauffer will take you back in Athens.
Admission fees Archaeological Museum of Eleusis & Archeaological site of Eleusis:
Full: €3, Reduced: €2
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
- University students and Students of Higher Education Institutes
- Technological Educational Institutes
- Military Schools or equivalent Schools of member states of the European Union
- Schools of Guides, upon presentation of their student identity card
- Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age
Free admission for all on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days).
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Tuesday-Sunday: 08.00-15.00
- Closed on Monday
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.