Delphi, Hosios Loukas & Cheronia TourDuration: 2 days
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Explore the oracle of Delphi and visit the traditional village Arachova, the Monastery of Hosios Loukas and the famous “Lion of Cheronia”. This 2 days tour will be your favourite.
- Traditional Village of Arachona
- Delphi Archaeological Site
- Delphi Archaeological Museum
- Athena Pronaia Sanctuary with the renowned Tholos
- The Castalia Spring
- The Temple of Apollo
- The Great ancient theater
- The stadium, where the so called Pythian Games
- The treasuries that the city states erected in Delphi
- The famous statue of Antinoos
- The unique bronze statue of the Charioteer
- Monastery of Hosios Loukas
- Lion of Cheronia
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your driver will take you early in the morning from your hotel. During our ride, we will have a stop at one of the most picturesque villages in Greece, Arachova. Take your time to explore this beautiful village. Then, we will continue our visit to the navel of the world, Delphi.
Delphi was the most important sanctuary dedicated to God Apollo. There, Pythia, the priestess of the Sanctuary, gave her advice. Due to this, Delphi was a cultural center, where many people sended donations resulted in the creation of a local treasury.
Explore around end see the Temple of Apollo, the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia with the renowned Tholos, the Castalia Spring, the Temple of Apollo, the Great ancient theater and the stadium, where the so called Pythian Games.
It has many interesting to visit the archaeological museum of Delphi. You will have the chance to admire the famous statue of Antinoos and the unique bronze statue of the Charioteer dated from 475 B.C.
Overnight in Delphi.
In the morning you will have time to explore the beauty of the village. Our next stop is the monastery of Hosios Loukas and Cheronea. Then, we will continue for the monastery of Hosios Loukas.
You will have 1,5 hour to spend for your visit. This monastery was founded in the early 10th century and is the largest surviving monastery of the Middle Byzantine period. Admire its byzanitne mosaics and learn the history about Hosios Loukas.
You will have time for a break to enjoy a traditional meal.
Then, we will depart to Athens. Driving down the mountain Parnassos we will stop at Cheronia to visit the famous “Lion of Cheronia”, a marble monument erected in the battlefield by Phillip, King of Macedonia.
At the end, we will take the way back to Athens.
Entrance fees into the archaeological areas of Delphi and its Museum are 12 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office) and 3 euro for Hosios Loukas monastery
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer Period: 1 April – 31 October
- Winter Period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Delphi:
- Winter period: 8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period: 8:00am – 19:00
Opening hours for Hosios Loukas monastery:
- Monday closed Tuesday-Sunday 09.00-17.00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs