Daytrip to KalavrytaDuration: 10 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This is the best destination to enjoy both history and nature. Kalavryta is a must-visit buzzing place built on the slopes of Mt. Helmos. Don’t miss it.
If you want more, you can choose the extended version and visit the Monastery of Agia Lavra.
- Corinth canal
- Vouraikos Canyon
- Limnes Caves
Extended to 12hrs:
- Agia Lavra
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your driver will meet you at your accommodation. You will be driven to Peloponnese and you will have the chance to enjoy the scenery. We will do our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal. After our 15minute stop for some pictures and a break for coffee we will continue our ride through the winding country local roads.
Then we will reach at the most spectacular rack and pinion rail trips, Diakofto. During the route, you should enjoy the beauty of nature while crossing the gorge of Vouraikos and many picturesque villages. You will admire one of the most beautiful natural sights in Greece.
You will meet your driver Kalavrita, the terminal of the Diakopto-Kalavryta rack railway and you will continue to Limnes Caves. We will 1 hour to spend there and then you will have free time to Kalavrita. Enjoy the local products and the beautiful scenery of this mountainous village.
Have a lunch in Kalavrita and then it’s time to return back to Athens.
If you choose the extended version, you have the chance to visit the historic monastery of Agia Lavra, which was built in the 10th century and became the center of the national liberation fight of the Greek people.
OPENING HOURS FEES
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.