Cape Sounion & Olive Grove TourDuration:
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Join our Cape Sounion & Olive Grove Tour and enjoy the beautiful view of Saronic Gulf combine with a visit to a greek farm in Vari. Discovering the secrets of Olive oil!
- Athenian Riviera
- South suburbs of Attica named Palaion Faliro, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza
- Lake of Vouliagmeni
- Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio
- Greek farm tour
- Olive grove tour
- Sampling of local olives, bread
- Lunch greek food
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your chauffeur will navigate you through all the south suburbs of Attica while you will be able to relax and enjoy the most wonderful view of the Saronic Gulf.
On your way to Cape Sounio you will enjoy the ride through the Athenian Riviera that has established itself as a world class destination combining beaches, leisure and culture. Driving through the old aristocratic summer resorts of the 50s, 60s and 70s named Palaion Faliro, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza, and staring the fascinating view of the Aegean deep blue, you will find yourself lost in the beauty of Mediterranean nature. Don’t forget nonetheless that the beauty of architecture awaits you a few miles away in the form of the magnificent Temple of Poseidon.
This tour could never be considered complete without visiting the Lake of Vouliagmeni to enjoy its natural beauty that has attracted crowds of Athenians for its thermal waters of 22 celcius stable temperature.
After this short stop you will continue all the way to Cape Sounio. There you will visit the Temple of Poseidon and have time to let your mind roam through ancient monuments with the immense blue of the Aegean Sea as a background. You will be able to feel the summer breeze on your face and capture some of the greatest pictures anyone could ever imagine.
The beauty of the surviving ruins has impressed many travelers of the past centuries who have visited this magical place, among which the famous poet, Lord Byron who wanted to leave his signature on one of the columns. Visit the temple and try to find it yourself.
After you visit Sounion, you will follow the same seaside winding street to reach Vari. Your olive grove tour starts here!
During your olive oil tour, you will learn to recognize good olive oil by its freshness and flavour, discover the ancient art of olive oil making and find out what makes good olive oil so special. During your walk around the olive grove, you learn about olive trees and it’s importance in Greek culture. Your educator will give you some hints for the recognition of a high quality extra virgin olive oil.
Taste local olives on bread and enjoy a delicious greek lunch.
Your native greek olive oil expert will guide your olive tour in English.
Entrance fee to the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio is 4 Euro pp.
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For Farm: 25 euro per person (minimum 200 euro)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
Opening hours for Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio:
- Winter period: 9:30am until sunset
- Summer period: 8:00am until sunset
Last entry 20 min before closing.
For Farm: Open all days
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.