Cape Sounion Full Day TourDuration: 8 hours
Cape Sounion Full Day TourDuration: 8 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This tours offers daytime fun by the sea and glamorous night life under the stars. Visit the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, enjoy the breathtaking view and take your time to swim in the deep blue waters of the Aegean Sea.
- Athenian Riviera
- South suburbs of Attica named Palaion Faliro, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza
- Lake of Vouliagmeni
- Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio
- Cape Sounio Beach
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Begin your tour by this relaxing ride through all the south suburbs of Attica.
On your way to Cape Sounio, you will enjoy the most wonderful view of the Saronic Gulf. This destination combines beaches, leisure and culture. Driving through the old aristocratic summer resorts of the 50s, 60s and 70s named Palaion Faliro, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza, and staring the fascinating view of the Aegean deep blue, you will find yourself lost in the beauty of Mediterranean nature.
You will hace the opportunity to visit the Lake of Vouliagmeni and enjoy its natural beauty that has attracted crowds of Athenians for its thermal waters of 22 celcius stable temperature.
When we arrive at Cape Sounion, we will visit the Temple of Poseidon and have time to let your mind roam through ancient monuments with the immense blue of the Aegean Sea as a background.
The beauty of the surviving ruins has impressed many travelers of the past centuries who have visited this magical place, among which the famous poet, Lord Byron who wanted to leave his signature on one of the columns. Visit the temple and try to find it yourself.
For next, if you love the greek waters, you can go to the beach for a nice dive into the Aegean Sea. Then, take your time to enjoy a tasteful lunch in a small tavern right by the water hearing the sounds of the sea and admiring the scenery.
At the end of the tour you will be dropped off at your accommodation.
Entrance fee to the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio is 4 Euro pp.
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
Opening hours for Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio:
- Winter period: 9:30am until sunset
- Summer period: 8:00am until sunset. Last entry 20 min before closing.
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations.
- Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.