Benaki & Cycladic Museum TourDuration: 4 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
If you love history and culture, you will adore this tour. A educational tour to learn all about the culture from the prehistorical to the modern times. Visit two of the best museums in Greece, the Benaki and the Cycladic Museum.
- Benaki Museum
- Cycladic Museum
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your accommodation and start this unique walking tour.
Your guide will be always with you to explain every part of the exhibition. Don’t hesitate to ask him any questions. He is here for you to enjoy a personalized tour.
We will start from the Benaki Museum.
The museum’s permanent collection forms in reality a group of collections that can be divided into many distinct categories that contains in total more than 40,000 items. This vast collection of artifacts encompasses and exhibits the character of the Greek world through a spectacular historical panorama: from antiquity and the age of Roman domination to the medieval Byzantine period; from the fall of Constantinople (1453) and the centuries of Frankish and Ottoman occupation to the outbreak of the struggle for independence in 1821 and from the formation of the modern state of Greece (1830) down to 1922, the year in which the Asia Minor disaster took place.
Additionally, the museum hosts several intriguing modern exhibitions that change every few months and invite the visitors to revisit the museum time after time in order to explore a new and exciting aspect of Greek history.
It’s time for the Cycladic Museum.
Here, you will have the chance to explore the magnificent world of Aegean art. The Cycladic people, Minoans and Mycenaeans were the three major Aegean cultures. Cycladic culture flourished on the islands of the central Aegean during the Early Bronze Age. Cycladic art is of great worldwide importance for the Field of Arts.
At the museum you will find a very interesting permanent collection of Cycladic antiquities. You will explore a large variety of marble figurines and vessels, bronze tools and weapons, as well as pottery from all phases of the Early Cycladic period.
Except from Greek Art, you will also have the opportunity to explore a collection of Cypriot Art.
- Full admission : € 7, Temporary Exhibition: € 5
- Reduced admission : € 5, Temporary Exhibition : € 3
- Journalists : € 1
- Free admission at the permanent exhibition: Every Thursday excluding organised tours and guided group visits of over 5 people and the International Museum Day (May 18th) if the building is open (see VISITING HOURS)
- Standard entrance fee (except for Monday): 7€
- Reduced entrance fees: Students, 19-26 years old: 3,5€, Groups of 15 or more 5€ (each)
- Monday entrance fee: 3,5€
- Free admission:
- Kids and young persons under 18
- Members of the MCA
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 – 17:00
- Thursday, Saturday: 9.00 – 24.00
- Sunday: 9:00 – 15:00
- Closed on Monday, Tuesday and the following holidays:
- March 25th,
- May 1st,
- August 15th,
- October 28th,
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day,
- New Year’s Day,
- Easter Day,
- Easter Monday,
- Clean Monday,
- Holy Spirit Day
Cycladic Art Museum
- Monday – Wednesday – Friday – Saturday 10:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 10:00 – 20:00
- Sunday 11:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday: closed
- Public Holidays
- The Museum remains closed:
- 1 January,
- Easter Monday,
- Spirit Monday,
- 1 May,
- 25 December,
- 26 December,
- Shrove Monday,
- 25 March,
- 15 August