Athens Highlights & Olive Grove TourDuration:
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Combine history with nature. Start your tour with a visit to the most important sites of Athens and the discover the secrets of greek Olive oil!
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Presidential Palace
- Lycabetus Hill
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- Trilogy of Culture (Academy, University, Library of Athens)
- Greek farm tour
- Olive grove tour
- Sampling of local olives, bread
- Lunch greek food
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
First thing to do on our Athens highlights tour is to visit the Acropolis Hill, before the crowds and the heat begin to rise. There you will be able to explore the magnificent gate of Propylaea, the Temple of the wingless Nike, the Erectheion with the imperious maidens called Karyatides, and last but not least the masterpiece of Classical architecture, the Parthenon. From the Acropolis you will enjoy a panoramic view of the theater of Dionysus, the Odeum of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Greek Agora, the modern city of Athens and even the port of Piraeus.
After your visit to the sacred rock of the Acropolis, you can lay back in our luxurious, comfortable and air conditioned vehicle and your chauffer will drive you to explore the rest of the city in the most stylish and convenient way. Next comes the visit to the biggest temple that ever existed, that is the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch. Your next stop is Old Olympic Stadium.
Right after you will have the chance to witness the trade mark of Athens’ Presidential Palace. Arriving just in time for the intricate changing ritual of the guards in front of the Presidential Palace, you will enjoy the tireless and valiant Evzones on their duty. After having a rest we are ready to hit the road once again and take some pictures that will last a lifetime. A drive through the old aristocratic neighborhood of Athens named Kolonaki, is incumbent.
From there on, your chauffer will drive you to the most beautiful balcony of Athens on Lycabettus Hill where you can take a spectacular panoramic picture of the city. Whether you are an expert in photography or simply a lover of all things beautiful you will definitely be tempted to capture the stunning view through your lens and create a memento that will stay with you and help you remember your unique day in Athens.
The driving tour continues to present to you the Athens of the 19th century with its remarkable neoclassical buildings .The greatest examples can be seen on Queen Sophia’s Av., on Constitution Sq. (Syntagma Square) with the House of the Parliament where you will have the chance to admire the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a memorial of great significance for the Greek people. Also, discover the Trilogy of Culture including the buildings housing the Academy of Athens, the University of Athens and the Library of Athens.
Coming up next is your olive oil tour. During your tour, you will learn to recognize good olive oil by its freshness and flavour, discover the ancient art of olive oil making and find out what makes good olive oil so special. During your walk around the olive grove, you learn about olive trees and it’s importance in Greek culture. Your educator will give you some hints for the recognition of a high quality extra virgin olive oil.
Taste local olives on bread and enjoy a delicious greek lunch.
Your native greek olive oil expert will guide your olive tour in English.
Entrance fees, to the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, and Ancient Agora, are 30 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office of any site) and 20 Euro for just the Acropolis.
Free admission for:
- Journalists Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U.
Free admission (regardless age) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For Olive Tour: 25 euro per person (minimum 200 euro)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
For the Acropolis
- Winter period: 8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
For the Farm
Open all days
For updates on opening hours please click here
There are a few things that are useful for you to know before participating in one of our tours.
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour. Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.