Argolis, Olympia & Vasses TourDuration: 3 days
Argolis, Olympia & Vasses TourDuration: 3 days
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This is an ideal tour to discover the land of Peloponnese. Explore the Ancient Corinth, the Rich in Gold Mycenae, the first capital of Greece Nafplio and see the renowned Theater of Epidaurus for tis acoustics. Visit the birthplace of the Olympic Games, the renowed Olympia!
- Coastal view of the Saronic and the Corinthian Gulf
- View of the island of Salamis
- Corinth Canal
- Temple of Apollo
- Ancient Corinth Agora
- Saint Paul’s Step
- Archaeological Site of Ancient Corinth
- Archaeological Museum of Ancient Corinth
- Mycenae Archaeological Site
- Lions Gate
- Cyclopean Walls
- Mycenae Archaeological Museum
- Treasury of Atreas also known as the Tomb of King Agamemnon
- City of Nafplion, the first Capital of modern Greece
- Archaeological Site of Epidaurus
- Theater of Epidaurus
- Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Temple of Zeus
- Temple of Hera
- The Stadium
- Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- Famous statue of Hermes of Praxiteles
- Temple of Epicurius Apollo at Vassae
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your driver will meet you at your accommodation. You will be driven to Peloponnese and you will have the chance to enjoy the scenery. We will do our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal.
Then, we will make our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal. After our 30minute stop for some pictures and a break for coffee we will continue our ride through the winding country local roads.
After 20 minutes, we will arrive at the Ancient Corinth. Ancient Corinth was a powerful and strategic center where numerous historic, cultural and religious events have taken place.
You will admire the doric Temple of Apollo with its monolithic columns that is one of the oldest temples in Greece dating back to the 6th century B.C. For the Christians, Corinth is also a place of great importance since St. Paul gave his Speech in the center of the Ancient Agora on the renowned Bema.
During our tour you will also find the spring of Glauke, the fountain of Pinene and discover the myths hidden behind their waters, the market place, the theater, the Odeon and several other Roman buildings while at the same time gaining an in depth understanding of the city’s prominence.
The Archaeological Museum is of great interest since it is a great introductory to the famous Corinthian pottery and Mosaic Art.You can spend 1,5hr to explore the Archaeological Site of Ancient Corinth and its Museum.
We are leaving Corinth for our next stop Mycenae. Explore Mycenae and learn everything about the Trojan War. When you arrive, you will see the imposing Lions Gate and you will observe the Cyclopean walls, that are believed to have been erected by the mythical creatures Cyclops.
Next, we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Mycenae, where you can see very important exhibits of the everyday life. We can’t leave without visit the Treasury of Atreas. It’s also known as the tomb of Agamemnon. We will stay there fot 30min. If you want, you can take a break for lunch.
After the break we will continue our ride to reach the Archaeological Site of Epidavros. Epidaurus is the birthplace of God Asclepios, the God of Health and his sanctuary. This place is very famous for its theater and especially for its accoustics. After 1,5 hour, we will start for our last stop Nafplion. Nafplion is a beautiful seaport town in the Peloponnese.
Overnight in Nafplion.
Next morning wake up in Nafplion. We will have some time to explore the city and visit the most importants sights such as the Castle of Palamidi and the Castle of Acronafplia.
Then, we will visit Vasses to see the Temple of Epicurius Apollo and we will continue to Olympia.
After 3 hours we can start our exploration to Olympia. The beauty of this place is unbeatable.
We will visit the Archaeological Museum of Olympia, where you can see the famous statue of Hermes among the other exhibits.
At the end of the day we will have a lunch. Overnight in Olympia.
Start your day with a exploration to the Archaeological Site of Olympia. You will have about 2 hours for your visit.
Ancient Olympia was the most important sanctuary in the ancient times. Also, Olympia is the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Olympic Games started in 776B.C in honor of God Zeus.
We will enjoy a traditional lunch in Olympia before we take the way back to Athens. Your driver will drop you off to your accommodation.
Entrance Fees to Ancient Corinth is 8 Euros
Entrance fees into the archaeological area of Mycenae, Museum and Treasury of Atreus are 12 Euro pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office)
Entrance fees into Olympia area & Museum are 12 Euro pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office).
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer Period: 1 April – 31 October
- Winter Period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Corinth:
- Winter period:
- Summer period:
From 3/4 to 30/4, 08:00am-19:00
From 2/5 to 30/9, 08:00am-20:00
From 1/10/ to 15/10, 08:00am-19:00
From 16/10 to 31/10, 08:00am-18:00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Mycenae:
- Winter period: 08:00am-15:00
- Summer period: 08:00-20:00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Olympia:
- Winter period:
Tuesday – Sunday: 08:00-15:00, Monday: 10.00 – 17.00
- Summer period: 08:00- 20:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.