Argolis & Olympia TourDuration: 2 days
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This tour is ideal for visiting a lot of beautiful regions in Greece. Start your tour with Peloponnese, walk on the engineering marvel of Corinth Canal, walk in the Ancient city of Corinth and explore the Rich in Gold Mycenae. During the tour you will also visit the birthplace of Olympic Games, Olympia.
- Coastal view of the Saronic and the Corinthian Gulf
- View of the island of Salamis
- Corinth Canal
- Temple of Apollo
- Ancient Corinth Agora
- Saint Paul’s Step
- Archaeological Site of Ancient Corinth
- Archaeological Museum of Ancient Corinth
- Mycenae Archaeological Site
- Lions Gate
- Cyclopean Walls
- Mycenae Archaeological Museum
- Treasury of Atreas also known as the Tomb of King Agamemnon
- City of Nafplion, the first Capital of modern Greece
- Archaeological Site of Epidaurus
- Theater of Epidaurus
- Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Temple of Zeus
- Temple of Hera
- The Stadium
- Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- Famous statue of Hermes of Praxiteles
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your driver will meet you at your accommodation. You will be driven to Peloponnese and you will have the chance to enjoy the scenery. We will do our first stop at the engineering marvel Corinth Canal. After our 30minute stop for some pictures and a break for coffee we will continue our ride through the winding country local roads.
After 20 minutes, we will arrive at the Ancient Corinth. Ancient Corinth was a powerful and strategic center where numerous historic, cultural and religious events have taken place.
You will admire the doric Temple of Apollo with its monolithic columns that is one of the oldest temples in Greece dating back to the 6th century B.C. For the Christians, Corinth is also a place of great importance since St. Paul gave his Speech in the center of the Ancient Agora on the renowned Bema.
During our tour you will also find the spring of Glauke, the fountain of Pinene and discover the myths hidden behind their waters, the market place, the theater, the Odeon and several other Roman buildings while at the same time gaining an in depth understanding of the city’s prominence.
The Archaeological Museum is of great interest since it is a great introductory to the famous Corinthian pottery and Mosaic Art.You can spend 1,5hr to explore the Archaeological Site of Ancient Corinth and its Museum.
We are leaving Corinth for our next stop Mycenae. Explore Mycenae and learn everything about the Trojan War. When you arrive, you will see the imposing Lions Gate and you will observe the Cyclopean walls, that are believed to have been erected by the mythical creatures Cyclops.
Next, we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Mycenae, where you can see very important exhibits of the everyday life. We can’t leave without visit the Treasury of Atreas. It’s also known as the tomb of Agamemnon. We will stay there fot 30min. If you want, you can take a break for lunch at Mycenae or our next stop Nafplion.
Nafplion is a beautiful seaport town in the Peloponnese. We will have some time to explore the city and visit the most importants sights such as the Castle of Palamidi and the Castle of Acronafplia.
After the break we will continue our ride to reach the Archaeological Site of Epidavros. Epidaurus is the birthplace of God Asclepios, the God of Health and his sanctuary. This place is very famous for its theater and especially for its accoustics.
Then, we will continue to Olympia and your driver will take you to your hotel.
Overnight in Olympia.
In the morning we can start our exploration to Olympia. The beauty of this place is unbeatable. Ancient Olympia was the most important sanctuary in the ancient times. Also, Olympia is the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Olympic Games started in 776B.C in honor of God Zeus.
We will visit the Archaeological Museum of Olympia, where you can see the famous statue of Hermes among the other exhibits and after this we will visit he Archaeological Site of Olympia.
Before we will depart for Athens, you can have a lunch.
Your driver will be waiting for you to drive you back to Athens.
Entrance Fees to Ancient Corinth is 8 Euros
Entrance fees into the archaeological area of Mycenae, Museum and Treasury of Atreus are 12 Euro pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office)
Entrance fees into Olympia area & Museum are 12 Euro pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office).
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (for all) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer Period: 1 April – 31 October
- Winter Period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Corinth:
- Winter period:
- Summer period:
From 3/4 to 30/4, 08:00am-19:00
From 2/5 to 30/9, 08:00am-20:00
From 1/10/ to 15/10, 08:00am-19:00
From 16/10 to 31/10, 08:00am-18:00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Mycenae:
- Winter period: 08:00am-15:00
- Summer period: 08:00-20:00
Opening hours for the archaeological area of Ancient Olympia:
- Winter period:
Tuesday – Sunday: 08:00-15:00, Monday: 10.00 – 17.00
- Summer period: 08:00- 20:00
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs