Aegina Island Full Day TourDuration: 10 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Aegina is an island located in the Saronic Gulf. Aegina is not only the closest island to Athens but also has a unique beauty. Aegina is a beloved destination to spend your summer. This tour gives you the opportunity to take a taste of this magical island.
- embark on the local ferry boat
- crystal blue Greek waters
- church of Saint Nektarios
- the temple of Athena Aphaia
- stroll through the winding island roads
- dive into the clear waters of one of Aegina’s best beaches
- taste local pistacchio products
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Your driver will pick you from your accommodation in order to begin your Aegina Island full day tour.
It’s necessary to have an introduction to the islander’s life. Your trip start with the local ferry boat. You will enjoy a one hour sail through the crystal blue Greek waters and you will have the chance to snap beautiful pictures or have a cup of coffee with a breathtaking view. Be ready for an authentic Greek island experience.
The first thing that you will see when reach Aegina’s port is the church of Saint Nektarios. Saint Nektarios committed numerous miracles during his lifetime. You should choose whether you would like to make a quiq stop at the old monastery in order to explore the history behind this great figure of the Orthodox Church.
After this you will visit the temple of Athena Aphaia which is a classical temple of doric style dating back to 500 BC. This temple is an architectural jewel of immense historical and cultural value and it is also considered to be the model behind Iktino’s and Kallikrati’s inspiration of the famous Athenian Parthenon.
Continue yout tour by enjoying a stroll through the winding island roads. You will adore the captivating smell of pines that are the islands most beloved tree. If the weather permits, it would be nice to take a dive into the waters of one of Aegina’s best beaches.
We will inform you in order to have a swimsuit with you. Take yout time, relax and enjoy a taste of summer vacation. We can’ leave Aegina before having an authentic Greek meal. Choose a local restaurant and taste authentic greek flavors.
After you enjoy your lovely meal and feel full of memories and experiences your chauffeur will escort you back to Athens.
Entrance fees to the Temple of Aphaia or Aphaea in Aegina are 6 Euro pp
Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
- University students and Students of Higher Education Institutes
- Technological Educational Institutes
- Military Schools or equivalent Schools of member states of the European Union
- Schools of Guides, upon presentation of their student identity card
- Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age
Free admission for all on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer Period: 1 April – 31 October
- Winter Period: 1 November – 31 March
Temple of Aphaia
- Winter Period: Mon-Sun: 09:30-16:30
- Summer Period: Mon-Sun: 09:30-17:30
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday : closed
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour.
- Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs