Acropolis & City Highlights TourDuration: 4 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
A wonderful walking route that will amaze you for its diversity and the many perspectives that you will discover. You will explore all the highlights of Athens beyond the touristic trails.
- Temple of Wingless Nike
- Odeum of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Presidential Palace
- Changing of the Guards
- Constitution (Syntagma) Square
- National Gardens
We can customize this tour to your needs.
If you want to skip or add something, please let us know in advance.
Our walking tour starts from the most important sight of Athens, the Acropolis Hill. We will start early in the morning to discover all the sights such as the magnificent gate of Propylaea, the Temple of the wingless Nike, the Erectheion with the widely known female statues, the imperious maidens called Karyatides, and of course the masterpiece of Classical architecture, the Parthenon.
The Acropolis Hill gives you the opportunity to see the Athens from above and see some of the highlights like the theater of Dionysus, the Odeum of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Greek Agora, the modern city of Athens and even the port of Piraeus. You also can gaze the other historical hills of Athens that are Areopagus, Philopappus Hill (or Hill of the Muses), Hill of the Nymphs, Pnyx,and the Hill of Lycabettus.
After our visit to the Acropolis, you will see the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch and our next stop is the Old Olympic Stadium. Next, you will have the chance to witness the intricate changing ritual of the guards in front of Athens’ Presidential Palace.
During out tour, we will have the chance to walk through the National Gardens. After the refreshing breeze you can admire some of neoclassical buildings of 19th century such as the Trilogy of Culture, the masons on Queen Sophia’s Av. and the House of the Parliament on Constitution Sq. (Syntagma Square) where the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier exists.
Then, you are free to make your schedule.
Entrance fees, to the Acropolis and Temple of Zeus are 26 Euro total pp (combined ticket obtained at the ticket office of any site) and 20 Euro for just the Acropolis.
Entrance fee to the Acropolis Museum is 5 Euro pp. Free admission for: Journalists Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age) University students from Greece and the E.U
Free admission (regardless age) on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 5 June
- 18 April
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
For prices updates please click here
To buy your tickets in advance click here
OPENING HOURS FEES
- Summer period 1 April – 31 October
- Winter period: 1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archeological sites of Athens including Acropolis:
- Winter period:8:30am – 15:00
- Summer period:8:00am – 19:30
Opening hours for Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio:
- Winter period: 9:30am until sunset
- Summer period: 8:00am until sunset.
Last entry 20 min before closing.
All sites and museums are closed or have reduced opening hours, on the following holidays:
- 1 January
- 6 January
- Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
- 1 May
- Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
- 15 August: 08.30-15.00
- 28 October: 08.30-15.00
- 25 December
- 26 December
For updates on opening hours please click here
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended for most locations. Sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are also suggested since the Mediterranean sun is extremely hot during the summer months. As far as walking is concerned you have to keep in mind that climbing up to the Acropolis is a rather challenging task. Guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps and then climb a series of steps to reach the Propylea. The walking surface on top of the Acropolis is rather raw and uneven. It has been preserved in this manner in order to showcase the authentic environment of the monuments.
- Photography is permitted in almost every site throughout the tours and if it is prohibited you will be informed beforehand.
- Local currency (euros) might be needed in order to pay at the spot small entrance fees and small expenses.
- In case one of our guests has some special needs, is under certain medication or has a limited walking endurance you can let us know during the organization of your customized tour and we will make sure that small breaks are incorporated into your itinerary.
- Also it is suggested that you bring with you a small bottle of water or something small to eat in case you need to during the tour. Furthermore if an individual has advanced accessibility needs you can let us know and allow us to customize the tour to fit your needs.